Choosing your career path might be a dreadful task.
SO many possibilities out there!
To help you in this process, we have developed 8 Digital Jobs Profiles that we found to be the most in demand across European employers. We hope this will give you an idea of what your professional future might look like.
In our Digital Job Profiles cycle, you will learn about the main goals, tasks and ICT skills required for each position. We will also explore what type of organisations look for employees with specific job profiles.
Ready to begin? Today we’re introducing: DIGITAL MEDIA SPECIALIST!
Digital Media Specialist is responsible for creating and managing digital projects for their organisation. They curate organisation’s online spaces in order to influence and attract customers and to promote and market goods, brands and messages using online tools.
Digital Media Specialist creatively handles various online marketing tools and uses new media and digital software to promote organisations and increase client/stakeholder engagement.
What does a Digital Media Specialist do?
- organising digital resources for media campaigns
- generating digital media that increases brand loyalty (e.g. creating online ads, seasonal content, newsletter, press releases etc.)
- maintaining web-related media and resources (e.g. social media channels, websites, blogs, podcasts)
- liaising with the creative team to ensure brand consistency
- monitoring and analysing campaign results using key performance indicators and simple analysis tools.
- presenting marketing ideas and progress reports internally or to external partners
Where can they work?
- as part of a digital marketing team in a large enterprise
- solely responsible for digital media within a small/medium enterprise
Which ICT skills do they need to have?
- working on a personal computer and its standard software
- managing digital devices
- managing online content
- understanding and fluency in using social media applications
- operating multimedia software to design and edit digital images, video and sound